Liberty Transport ships were built for WWII at the Willow Run plant.
The Kaiser Bus was a contract job between Kaiser and the Santa Fe Railroad. The 60-foot Kaiser built coach was constructed of a magnesium-aluminum alloy. The bus was powered by a 275 hp supercharged 6-cylinder Cummins diesel engine mounted beneath the floor of the forward section, and carried an air-conditioning unit under the floor in the rear section. There was also 378 cubic feet of cargo space under the floor. The bus was built in 1946 at Kaiserís Permanente Metals Corporation plant near Los Altos, California.
This silent footage shows the Kaiser bus in action. The Bus could carry 63 passengers, while the average bus carried 37. The Kaiser was put into service for Santa Fe Trailways in 1946, and was used through the early 1950's.
This theatrical film was produced to show all the innovation of the auto industry after the war. The clip ends with a flying car idea.